Wat da?My knocked out tank started firing again?

SPOILER!

Ok, I thought I would try a all out tank battle, KV1 vs the PzIII and PzIV, so I gave the ruskies a 200% increase and hid all the ATG away from the battle. Anyhow, my first 3 KV's spotted the axis tanks at 1050 m range, and happily started to shot at them. They knocked out a couple of panzers, but soon the 75mm strated to penetrate my KVs. Two of them got the "knocked out" message, and the crew started to bail out. Then next turn, I reversed the 3rd KV away, saw the firt crew bail (the axis had stopped shooting at the two knocked out ones, asumed they were dead I guess) and then suddenly the second start to fire again?!? Yep, they were at it again, after a break of 45 sec or so. SO... is this a new feature, or a bug, or am I going crazy here?!?

BTW: The "revived" KV got to fire about 4-5 shots before the axis retargeted the tank.

I don't mean to ask the obvious... but are you sure that it wasn't just the angle you were viewing at when the two "knock outs" occured? OR, and here's a likely prospect, did the second knock out come after the 60 second mark? I've noticed that each turn almost universally has a few ticks past 60 seconds. If that was the case, then the tank was probably not knocked out in actuallity (this can apparently happen in CMBO too but usually(?) only if Arty/Mortars are coming in).

Originally posted by Cameroon:

I don't mean to ask the obvious... but are you sure that it wasn't just the angle you were viewing at when the two "knock outs" occured? OR, and here's a likely prospect, did the second knock out come after the 60 second mark?

Been windering that myself, unfortunally I had no chance of going back and check. All I can say is that I belive I saw them both get knocked out. They both stopped firing on the axis tanks, and the axis tanks stopped firing on them. Thats the strange part u see, why would the russian tank stop firing at the enemy, and the axis stop firing at the russian, had it not been knocked out? It didnt panic or anything, I know that. Oh well, if nobody else have seen anything like this, and BFC can confirm that crews cant "change" their mind about leaving, I guess it must be all in my head.

This sounds rather like what happened to me. I was sure that all three of my 45mm guns in a group had been knocked out or abandoned. Yet a turn or two later one of them started firing again. I thought at the time that the game must allow a crew that has abandoned and remained close to the gun to go back to the gun. Since then I have watched for it but as I haven't seen it happen again I started to assume that I must have been mistaken. I will save the turn if i see it again (it never occurred to me at the time)