Mg and split squads

While playing the AI (I know) I accidently charged a MG42 with a split squad. a and b ended the turn on either side of the MG. The next turn the squads merged and the MG had to rotate 180 to target the squad, wgich gave them enough time to pin and then kill the MG. Not sure if this is a viable tatic or just a fluke :D but my squad only took one wounded. A bit gamey though I suppose

Cpl Carrot

;)

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

Dear Cpl Carrot:

An interesting method if you HAVE to rush a MG unit. Reminds me of the way Shermans can knock out a Tiger. Attack from two different directions, forcing the enemy unit to choose one target and suffer from the other one.

I think not gamey at all, in fact a rather innovative solution through accidental discovery. The enemy MG has a solution as well. Hide a squad or even SPLIT SQUAD on either side of the MG in support.

Sgt. Spinach aka Louie the Toad

In the one time that I pulled this off the squad that the MG had targeted was taking cover and well on its way to be pinned. I don't think they should have been able to merge in that circumstance - hence the thought that it might be gamey. Then again if you can only pull it off one in a million then who cares ;)