AT teams in buildings (Burn Baby Burn)

Until recently, one of my favorite defensive tactics was placing AT teams in top floors. They can stay hidden, bust a shot then withdraw to the interior before the S**t-rain starts falling. The problem is, the little bastards keep setting the buildings afire. It's a terrible thing to watch one of your strongpoints go up in flames forcing your little pixilated heros out into the open and certain death. Any thoughts on this? Is the cover worth it? Can teams on top floors get a top hit on AFV's (don't think I've ever seen that)? are stone buildings less likely to burn (don't think so, recently burned two churches, I'm going to hell)? so what's your verdict, let the 'zooks in or put 'em out with the dog?

Probably depends on a couple of things.

1) Is the bazooka your only unit in the building?

2) Is the enemy tank unsupported by infantry?

3) Is the building unimportant to your strategy?

If all these questions are answered yes then you can use your bazooka in a building. Of course, you should wait until the enemy gets pretty close, to increase odds of penetration. The only exception is if enemy infantry is entering the building, in that case have your bazooka take a potshot at an enemy tank to torch the building and deny it to the enemy.

Regardless of what you do, your bazookas have a good chance of ending up dead. Every time a bazooka shoots it seems like every other unit starts shooting at it. Also, I've found bazookas have a good secondary role suppresing infantry once the enemy tanks are gone.

------------------

"War is like a cat, it is easy to let out of the bag, but hard as hell to put back in!"

-Me

Just play as the British. PIATs don't have a backblast, so they don't set buildings on fire, and they can stay concealed a bit longer. Their only problem is the slow reload rate, especially if one crewman gets killed.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you should change to the British just to get the PIATs. Infantry AT units usually get killed by supporting infantry or another tank pretty soon after they start shooting, backblast or not, I actually find the backblast to be a bit useful for it's red herring effect.

------------------

"War is like a cat, it is easy to let out of the bag, but hard as hell to put back in!"

-Me