Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

German Army Discussion Forum (for the grogs)

I was going to keep my post about this confined to the General Forum, but it occurs to me that some uberGrogs like rexford, JasonC and Mace ;) don't frequent that forum as often.

That being the case, I just wanted to advise that I've started a wee forum dedicated to the German Army in WW II - no political stuff like you find at other (poorly moderated) sites, just a place for decent discussion of the German Army in WW II - be it tactics, weapons, or minutia...

I was a bit fed up with loudmouthed neo-Nazis taking over every other decent forum on the topic (ie the Third Reich Forum and Feldgrau.net). While those forums are still great, they are both quite broad (even feldgrau encourages discussion about all of Germany's armed services, whereas I hope to focus solely on the Heer from 1939-45).

Invitation is open to all; I intend to be very draconian regarding deletion of off-topic or flamebaiting, but I know no one here is into that, so I should have no worries...

Thanks to all who have shown interest thus far.

The link is Right Here

Thanks for the info... seems like my kinda place.

But please correct me if I am wrong, but can we discuss the Waffen SS if it is stricly military related? I would imagine that we could, since when the SS divisions were involved in campaigns, they were usually attached to Heer formations and under their command.

But you do specifically state "Heer" in your post, so I would like clarification on that.

Originally posted by Das Reich:

Thanks for the info... seems like my kinda place.

But please correct me if I am wrong, but can we discuss the Waffen SS if it is stricly military related? I would imagine that we could, since when the SS divisions were involved in campaigns, they were usually attached to Heer formations and under their command.

But you do specifically state "Heer" in your post, so I would like clarification on that.

I appreciate that you asked. I wasn't going to plan on it, but it seems the very first posts were W-SS related and went from there, so we will see how it goes. I have no qualms with the W-SS stuff, my concern is with overtly political or racist talk - which in a perfect world would not have anything to do with a serious historical discussion of the W-SS.

I certainly don't expect the forum to take away from the discussion at the CM board here; this place really does feel like home - and it is surprising, really, to see that interest in the German military doesn't make up the majority of the posts here like it seems to with most other "general" WW II forums, be they wargaming, history, re-enacting or whatever.

So, thanks for the post, and to Eric Young and anyone else who ventures over for a visit - see you round the boards! I suspect that once CM2 comes out, there will be a lot of questions from new gameplayers regarding the German Army, I'm looking forward to the discussions here at BTS with all the "fresh meat" almost as much as I am the game itself.

[ March 08, 2002, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

It is a nice board, but it does rather annoyingly try to set a couple of (unwanted) cookies on my computer every time I go to a page.

I'm not sure I am all that interested in exclusively the German army. But still, it is a very nice board and I wish you every joy of it.

smile.gif

Michael