Tank stuck - any thoughts?

In a QB I'm playing, I drove a Sherman up over a steep hill on a road to go kill a nasty little halftrack that was causing me grief. He did his job about 1/2 down the backside of the hill. The problem is that after he turned around to go back over the hill he has taken about 2 minutes to go about 10 meters. It doesn't seem to be a routing problem because he is inching forward along the path that I asked him to travel and he hasn't replotted his waypoints at all. Also he is still on the road with no potholes or any other blockage.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Lopaka ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lopaka:

In a QB I'm playing, I drove a Sherman up over a steep hill on a road to go kill a nasty little halftrack that was causing me grief. He did his job about 1/2 down the backside of the hill. The problem is that after he turned around to go back over the hill he has taken about 2 minutes to go about 10 meters. It doesn't seem to be a routing problem because he is inching forward along the path that I asked him to travel and he hasn't replotted his waypoints at all. Also he is still on the road with no potholes or any other blockage.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Lopaka ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happened to me with a Mark IV on a steep road. After about 5 or 6 turns it got free.

you have to watch out for steep hills in CM. i have had a sherman hunt up a hill which looked to be okay. it began its way up the hill and then when it reached a cliff that was not visible to me, if began to hunt ALL THE WAY AROUND THE HILL! so now ive learned from that and whenever i plot a move up a hill that looks steep, i inch the cursor up the hill without clicking. if it turns red, shes not going up there, find another way! hope this helps also.

Two comments on this Chad:

1) I did the check that you suggested and it never showed up as not passable. Also my opponent clearly went up the same road. Additionally, my Sherman went down the exact path that it was trying (feebly) to go up.

2) On turn three of this fiasco I tried to replot the way points and it wouldn't let me. Any point I plotted the move bar over had the red, not a legal move line, regardless of whether it was completely open terrain.

I think it is a little bug in the program which you just need to work to avoid.

Thanks for your suggestion.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lopaka:

I think it is a little bug in the program which you just need to work to avoid.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive havnt been playing forever by any means, but this has never happened to me! so now i know what to look out for. i do know that the AI of the tanks seem to have a death wish for finding ways to get KO very easily!