Some help with dynamic flags....

That's what I need. When used, the computer automatically chooses the same flag at setup every time. This happens whether 'Attacker Chooses' is turned on in the editor or not. And always the exact same flag. I did a search but came up with no answers (although I did find several similar questions). Any help? TIA.

------------------

Clubfoot.

melton1911@aol.com

Do it in the desert at www.dfdr.net

There is one scenario that uses the dynamic flags that I know of - Drop To Destiny. I have no idea if the AI would choose the same flag each and every time though.

They're good to use if you want to simulate surprise and deception. A little disappointing that they're not ised more often.

p.

Well, I tested Drop to Destiny, and the computer did indeed choose the same flag again and again and again...

I'll be honest. I don't think Dynamic flags even remotely function in the way their supposed to. I believe this may be a BIG and widely overlooked bug. Anybody ever get these to work? Take a minute to go try it out and see if you get the same results.

------------------

Clubfoot.

melton1911@aol.com

Do it in the desert at www.dfdr.net

Seems to be a bug indeed. I tried it, ten out of ten times it was the same flag. Report went to Charles. Let's see what he says.

A shame actually that so few people are using dynamic flags in their scenarios. I always found this quite a useful feature. For those who don't know, there are two types of dynamic flags - those that are randomly chosen by the computer (and seem broken), and those which the attacker can choose during the setup phase. You have to click on your highest HQ unit and in the orders menu will find "choose flag". Then you need to click on the flag you want to choose as "live". This is the objective, all other flags are bogus.

The defender won't know which flag is the real one (unless he can guess from your actions, of course), so he has to defend all of them.

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

I love the dynamic flag feature, but haven't used it very extensively yet since I haven't made any substantial scenarios.

A simple and effective way to use dynamic flags is to have a wide map, with flags spread along (but behind) the entire frontline.

If the scenario covers a short time frame, then the defender can have about as many troops as the attacker (or even more), but has to spread them all over instead of concentrate around one location.

Unfortunately there's a quite narrow limit to how many (dynamic) flags that can be used in a scenario.

Cheers

Olle