Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

94% victory in Tiger Tiger. :) (no spoilers)

I agree, the scenario author may have been well-advised to have indicated it should be played as the Russians if playing against the AI. This was one of only a couple of battles I have won 100% to zero. Although, the battle sure was the tonic for those 'Tiger is wimpy' complaints from CMBO.

Originally posted by rune:

Why? Was it fun playing as the Germans? Yes? Then why restrict it? Now play as the Russians and see how you fare. smile.gif Yes, it was made for the "Tiger is too weak" crowd. smile.gif

Rune

Hi Rune. Yes, it was a complete blast! smile.gif But the tactical challenge was...unchallenging. smile.gif

Actually Rune, the battle quite fit the bill for the mood I was in. "Self," I said, "get down to that basement and brew up some T-34's, and for the hell of it, take a spin in this here newfangled Teeger I keep hearing about." The battle obliged quite nicely. Sometimes a 100 to zero spanking is just what the doctor ordered.

Now play as the Russians and see how you fare. Yes, it was made for the "Tiger is too weak" crowd.

Ampolut + PTRD + Veteran Tiger = One Dead Tiger :D

I pulled a 69% to 31% Tactical Victory over the AI while Playing as the Soviets. All flags were in my possesion at the end of the battle and I had an exact 1 to 1 loss ratio of tanks with a almost 1 to 1 loss in infantry with the AI taking the larger half of the losses.

I think my experence with and the outcome of the battle can be summed up like this:

Tiger Crewman: "Mahahah! I am invincable!"

All other German infantry and Tanks on the map: "Shut up and call me a medic..."

I love the smell of burnt kitty in the morning!

[ November 04, 2002, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Nippy ]

Yep, and that is the point...the Tiger was an awesome beast when introduced. In actuality, they didn't fare well the first two times out, breaking down or bogging, which is a possibility in the scenario.

A tactical victory as Russians is a great outcome. Has anyone done better then that? I would be surprised if they did.

And yes, there are times I just want to blow things up...and this is a perfect one to do it in.

Rune