One-sided scenarios vs the AI?

Can you recommend any scenarios to play against the AI, where one side (to be played by human) is at a severe disadvantege?

Most of the CM scenario creators strive for a balanced play. It is equally rewarding to play a historic last stand or otherwise lop-sided battle. Especially against the AI.

Any recommendations?

Hi there,

I have created a very unique scenario that involves a good deal of recon and some real decision making by the player. It should be a challenge and like nothing else you've played. And it was designed specifically to be played against the AI (now updated to 1.1b22).

I am looking for a couple of playtesters.

If anyone is interested in testing it for me, all I ask is that you do me the courtesy of writing back to me when you are done and let me know how it went. Send me an email if you are interested.

Thanks, Matt Hyra

loyalcitizen@home.com

coralsaw,

***begin shameless pimp***

I've currently got five scenarios geared toward just this style of play. They are small platoon level commando actions based loosely on the exploits of Sturmbannfuhrer Otto Skorzeny and his elite commando unit.

All five are best played as the axis player and put you in the shoes of a highly trained and motivated (yet small) group of men who typically face odds that are numerically superior. Lots of sneaking, hiding, ambushes and coordinated surprise attacks from multiple directions.

They are available at CMHQ scenario depot under the titles:

Der Commando Skorzeny.

Higher ground.

Squeeze play at Villers-Le-Bouillet.

David & Goliath. &

Hoofin' it.

Or, I would be glad to send you a zipped up pack of all five scenarios, if you so desire!

***end shameless pimp***

Clubfoot.

[This message has been edited by Clubfoot (edited 12-16-2000).]

Hi Clubfoot,

I recently played your scenario Higher Ground and wanted to thank and congratulate you. The terrain was extremely challenging, and I loved sneaking my platoon of elite commando's right up under the enemy's nose. It was quite intense trying to get all the units into attack/ambush position and springing the trap on the unsuspecting enemy. Kudos!

• 2 weeks later...

Clubfoot!

I enjoyed your "Squeeze Play..." scenario. It is one of the few scenarios that let you play defense and be challenged (a little) vs. the AI.

[it is also a perfect example why the CMHQ ranking system is NOT helpful in identifying quality scenarios. Your game is (or was when I last checked) rightfully ranked highly as a good game vs. the computer; however, it is also ranked highly (though not as high) for PBEM/Head-to-head. As you would agree, the huge material advantage of the Allies makes playing against a human opponent nearly impossible.]

Thanks for you work.

------------------

"...when ever I think of the attack (at Kursk), my stomach turns over." AH

Hey, clubfoot!

I would be VERY interested in playing those scenarios, (Otto Skorzeny is the man. You have to be impressed that the fucker managed to even SURVIVE the war, let alone pull off the stunts he did!)

Could you perhaps send me a zipped file of those operations? I would be MOST appreciative!

Thanx for the nod, fellas!

Atlas, you are absolutely correct about the PBEM difficulty vs. a human opponent. I'm not sure why it's been voted up for head to head play, it really doesn't warrant high marks in that category.

But I am happy to see it doing well in human vs. AI on the Scenario Depot. That is it's intended play mode. And thanks for the kind words!

I/O, I'll ship you that zip file just as soon as I'm done trolling the board.

I'm delighted to see that people are enjoying the Commando Skorzeny scenarios. I'm currently collaborating with MikeT and others on a desert warfare conversion for CM that is shaping up nicely, but after it's finished it'll be back to the adventures of Otto.

Clubfoot.