Russian 50 cal. Jeep?

Germans has no 12,7(50cal) heavy mg at all, only mg42 (7,62mm)

Russians have examble

T-40 amphibio tank with 12,7mm dshk tmg and 7,62mm dt cmg

Su-57

57mm l52 m1 gun

12,7mm dshk aamg

But i dont no that russians had any "heavy" jeeps.Sorry! :eek:

Thanks for the reply spwaw but I wasn't just meaning a heavy jeep. My error for knowing what I meant just not wording it properly. Anyway my point was any jeep - period - that mounted a machine gun. I just thought it would be cool to see another jeep on the enemies side that had one. Not that they are worth much in the game but they do have thier place. So the German's did have one. Hope it's modelled in CMBB.

As far as I know the German equivalent to the American Jeep was the Kubelwagen. Through the Lend-Lease act the Soviet Union was supplied with more than 427,000 smaller vehicles. For extended lists on this have a look here : http://wio.boom.ru/tank/ll.htm, or here: http://peacecountry0.tripod.com/lendlse.htm

The first German units that reached the Volga River near Stalingrad in August 1942 are said to have captured American build Jeeps. I don't know if this particular story is true, but both sides on the Eastern front made use of each other's equipment. Interesting to see if and how these ownership changes will turn out in CMBB.

Mies

Originally posted by spwaw:

Germans has no 12,7(50cal) heavy mg at all, only mg42 (7,62mm)

Russians have examble

T-40 amphibio tank with 12,7mm dshk tmg and 7,62mm dt cmg

Su-57

57mm l52 m1 gun

12,7mm dshk aamg

But i dont no that russians had any "heavy" jeeps.Sorry! :eek:

Germans did have something of the kind--a 13mm MG (and 15mm for that matter). Forgot the designation, but it was not altogether uncommon but was generally not issued to land forces. Used principally for AA, started showing up some in land battles on the approaches to the reich.

Reason you don't see them in CM is because they really did not want to get into the details of simulating the 100 or so different mgs in german service.

WWB

lcm1947

Member # 2981

posted June 30, 2002 03:38 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well good. Sounds like at least the Russia's may have them. Now if we could only get some for the German's. Just one type would be fine with me. I don't no hundred different kinds of them.

--------------------

I think I meant to say " I don't need no hundred different kinds of them. Just wanted to point that out. :D

I find it odd that the German's didn't use their 13mm more for action against troops or light vehciles like we did with the 50 Cal. As far as I know the 50 Cal. was also designed for use against aircraft but we sure used it a lot against land stuff. Anybody know why they wouldn't have used it more? Like were they not reliable or something?

Anybody know why they wouldn't have used it more? Like were they not reliable or something?
They were reliable - all latewar fighters (Bf109, Fw190) mounted the MG131, as did many bombers. MG151/20 was even more common (Fw190 had 4xMG151/20 and 2xMG131). I don't think that reliability had something to do with it, they just weren't needed. The MG34 and later 42 performed admirabily in the anti-infantry role, and the light anti-armor and AA role was filled by the FlaK38 (20mm) series mounted on the bulk of recce vehicles or in towed configuration - no need for something in the middle requiring its own logistics chain.

apex