Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Need help on using Sound waves

<S> All,

I want to change some of the sound wavs on the game but to do so i need to copy them into my Wav file but the only one i have is in my D Drive and everytime i try and copy them into the folder, it gives me a error message of "it being to full or something like that"

Anyone with some info could help me out of this situration.

Thanks.

Joe

-S- Captian,

Ok i re-downloaded the game and now got the wav folder in my C drive, Put another problem as arosa.

After downloading the sound wavs and put them though MPEG and then copy them into my WAV folder, its still plays the org sound and not the new one. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks,

Joe

Originally posted by cool beans:

-S- Captian,

Ok i re-downloaded the game and now got the wav folder in my C drive, Put another problem as arosa.

After downloading the sound wavs and put them though MPEG and then copy them into my WAV folder, its still plays the org sound and not the new one. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks,

Joe

"Ok i re-downloaded the game"

Do you own the game?

Did you buy the CD from BTS?

enquiring minds want to know?

-tom w

Originally posted by cool beans:

-S- Captian,

Thanks,

Joe

Whoa there, you gotta be a lot more specific if you want me to help you. Also, typing in complete sentences doesn't hurt smile.gif It's awfully hard for me to try and guess at what you're saying when verbs and other such important widgets are missing ;) First, what does re-downloaded the game mean? Second, what do you mean by downloading the sound wavs? Are you talking about a sound mod from the internet? Third, what do you mean by "put them through MPEG?" MPEG is merely a file format, it doesn't make anymore sense than saying "I put them through mp3"

Going by what I think you said, you downloaded a sound mod, tried to decode the files using an MP3 to WAV converter, but they wouldn't play during the game. I don't know what program you might be using, but I would recommend Electronic Cosmo's MPEG Suite. You can get that here: http://www.s-m-i.de/s-m-i/Multimedia/Software/MPEG-Suite/MPEG%20Suite%201-2.html Step by step sound mod installation instructions:

1) Download the sound mod

2) Unzip the sound mod

3) Open MPEG Suite and select "Decode mp3 to wav"

4) Copy or cut the newly converted wav files

5) Paste them into your CMBO/Wav directory on your hard drive (most likely the C drive)

6) When it asks you if you want to overwrite the existing files with the new ones, click on "yes to all"

[ April 01, 2002, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]

-S- Captain,

Ok lets try this again. 1st off, sorry for confusing you with my bad english.

"What does re-downloaded the game mean" Well the 1st reply you sent about this subject said to fully re download the game and the WAV file should end up in your C Drive. Well i did what you told me to do and that fixed the 1st problem of I not having my WAV folder in my C Drive.

2nd: I went to http://home.arcor.de/tcmhq/International.html and went into the "sound" department in the "Mods" section. I click on MG42 and downloaded it (if it helps any, when you download the MG42 file, it gives you the number files 00440-a, 00440-b, 00441-a, 00441-b, etc..etc..etc.. i tried using all the files that had the letter "B" behind it). Then i rolled down the page to the instruction part to see how i install it. It said to download MPEG suite 1.5 which i did and followed the instructions for that which is also on the page.

After putting the MG42 file though MPEG suite 1.5 and found it in my CMBO folder, i copied it and stuck it in my C:/WAV folder where a window popped up asking if i wanted to replace it "Which i said yea" but none of it worked. and this is where i've been stuck for the last couple of days trying to get this damn thing to work.

Everything you told me 2 do at the bottom of your last post with the step by step, i just tried it and it did the same thing, not playing the new sound mod but still playing the old sound mod. I will keep working on this though the night and i hope th post was easier to understand.

Thanks,

Joe

Lets go through this point by point:

1) You've done a full install of the game...Check

2) You've downloaded the mod you want...

3) You've decoded the mod to convert the MP3

files to WAV format...Check

4) You've renamed the files by taken off the a or b ending on them, leaving just 00000440.wav for example...Check

5) You've copied the convert & renamed files into your C:/PROGRAM FILES/CMBO/WAV directory...Check

6) When then box asked you to overwrite the existing files you click "Yes to All"...Check

Hmmm...sounds like it should work. One thing I noticed in your post--you said you copied the files into your C:/WAV directory. MAKE SURE THAT THE /WAV DIRECTORY IS IN THE YOUR CMBO FOLDER. THE DEFAULT INSTALL PATH FOR THIS FOLDER IS C:/PROGRAM FILES/CMBO If the /WAV is outside the /CMBO directory the game will use the default sounds from the CD. If it's not there, move the /WAV folder there. The game should begin reading this one instead of the CD one and you should hear your mods in game.

Trust me, if you followed the list and everything is installed where it's supposed to be you should hear the new sounds in game. I can't think of any other reason, so I'm starting to guess this might be a hardware issue. You might want to post in the tech support forum about your problem and see if Schrullenhaft can be of any help