Command question

V

Inform me if I am wrong, but aren't company HQ's able to keep platoon HQ's in Command and help to rally them?

In the manual, on page 139 it say "Company HQs and Battalion HQs can keep any non-vehicle unit (regardless to which platoon they belong) under command."

The reason I ask is, in this scenario I am playing, Green Hell, I am trying to rally a routed platoon HQ of company B with the Company B HQ unit. The company HQ is rallying every unit of the platoon in question but it will not attempt to rally the platoon hq. The Platoon HQ is well within the company HQs range, so that is not the problem.

I could have sworn that company HQ's kept platoon HQ's "in command" in CMBO. But it has been a while, so I do not fully trust my memory. Am I wrong, or was this changed in CMBB. And if it was changed, how come this is not stated in the command section of the manual?

Ok, but still my Platoon HQ should be able to "help rally" an Arty Spotter? I'm looking at the manual, but I'm still a bit fuzzy on this, or I'm unclear on "rally".

My Spotter got Routed; luckily he moved to a nice safe spot. My Platoon HQ was nearby and just making espresso, so I sent him over as close to the Spotter as computer pixels would allow, hoping that HQ would help Spotter hump up his courage, at least enough to get on his feet...

It didn't work, Spotter was out for duration. So... do I have the concept right anyway? I thought maybe HQ would "rally" the Spotter... Tia,

Eden

He probably would, Eden, but it's a matter of numbers and probably chance too. Whether the spotter could be rallied at all would depend on such things as his experience level, fitness, exhaustion, etc. How much help the HQ could give him would depend on if he had any morale bonusses and possibly his own experience and morale level. Then, after all those numbers are factored in and cross-referenced, the program rolls a die and you still get screwed.

That's life.

Michael