Some thoughts from a newbie

This is my first post to this forum. As a newbie I just want to say thanks all the people giving their effort to this game.

I ordered my cd a year and a half ago (it wasn't sold at stores in Finland at that time). So I didn't get that bonus cd with extra scenarios and mods. That's why I'm really thankful for every person hosting mods and scenarios and for those who devote time for devoloping new features and scenarios. I really enjoy your work and effort!

I guess there are plenty of us "silent" members who most of the time just enjoy the game and I want to show my support to those who give their effort to this community. Even though this is my first post I have found this forum very useful.

There are many CM players like me who don't have the skills or time to develop new features but I still hope more people could "give little back" to this game. For example, I think Scenario Depot would be even better if more people would rewiev the battles they download from there.

So, that was just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work!

-Nekander

Well welcome to the forum. So you too found the best game ever. Nice post by the way. Yeah, there are some really great guys that have helped this game alone as far as I am concerned what with all the sites, scenario's , mods etc. Take care. smile.gif

welcome on board,you sure came to the right place smile.gif

you are right too about the depot,more people should take the time to review/give comments about a scenario.

In my case and for some others some scenarios have over 200 to 400 downloads and no review.

That is very frustrating,nice reviews are good for a persons ego but negative ones surely help to make a scenario better!!!!

Keep that in mind if you dont like a scenario :rolleyes:

welcome my friend to the show that never ends.. damn, that's all i can remember from that song. lol.. anyway, always good to see a new poster, though i can see you're definitely not a newby to the game. it really is the greatest wargame ever, and will only be bestest by it's own sister game, cmbb. though not born yet, we can already tell she's gonna be even cuter and sexier than her older sibling. but in the mean time, we're whining and dining cmbo, and most of us will continue to do so(from time to time) even after cmbb is born. so i'm glad you finally posted and hope to hear more from you! good hunting!

Thanks for replies!

One of the best features in this forum are the active participants, guys like you! I have found it useful to visit here everyday, there haven't been single visit I wouldn't get some kind of new information about the game. I also like debates concerning historical accuracy of action.

And Zukkov, you are right! This game is my dream come true. I just wonder what will happen when we get CMBB, because it will be even better! As a Finn I'm really excited about the East Front.

I was in recon forces during my military service (it was 11 months back then, year 1994) and it would have been really cool to use sometimes CM for training instead of studying maps. I think it could be useful because CM models battlefield quite well. Of course the game has its limitations, but at least it has showed me many times the importance of careful preparation and some other aspects.

-Nekander