Towed Guns on Defense

So I'm working on a battle. The defending Germans start with several AT guns off near the edge of the map towed by trucks to represent a recently arrived reserve force. Problem is, the AI imediately disembarks the guns, it does not bring them to an intellegent place. Where they start has zero value (its about 500 meter from a victory location, with bad line of site). Will this work better if the guns and trucks are actual reenforcements that arrive on turn 1? Or should I just start the game with them in good positions?

--Chris

From the looks of it, you've got two options:

1. Bring the guns in as reinforcements with the reinforcement spot being where you want the guns to go....

or

2. Set the guns where you want them at the beginning of the game and lock them into position during setup.

Depending upon what effect you're going for, you might also want to tinker with the ammo loads and the morale condition of the gunners to simulate their 'just arrived' status.

Sounds like you're gonna have to play through it several times to get it right, IMHO. The TacAI can be finicky about initial setups, etc. I've found that playing with the position of the flags will also cause the AI to behave differently. Try moving the flags further from the AT guns, it might make the AI move them before unloading. Tinker with the setups, when you get it just right, it'll be worth it.