Play testers Request for HUGE Walled City Scenario

This is my first attempt at scenario design using the scenario designer for CM.

(it was about 25-30 hours and it was a labour of love, you won't be dissapointed)

This a huge map with Many many units.

I would love to play this scenario

but I designed it and I know it inside out

and it would not be fair to any one.

I would like to know if it is as balanced as I think it is. I don't play as the Germans that much and I'm not sure if they have enough of the right kind of units to make the battle fair and interesting.

Trust me, it is a BIG multifront battle like the scale of an operation all rolled into one scenario.

Just send me e-mail and request the file and I'll send off a .zip attachment to you for your own enjoyment.

here's the intro:

Title: Balanced Bridges at Dawn

Type: Fictional Allied Advance to Secure Bridges (like its just a fun scenario, not real)

Date: Dawn of October 15, 1944

Location: Wheat Fields surrounding Large European Walled City of Centerville

Weather: Clear

Ground Conditions: Damp

Length: 75 turns (it will be long over before 75 minutes don't worry)

Best Played as Allies

This is a big scenario, on a Huge Map (3.1 km by 1.6 km). Maybe it should be an operation but I wanted to have 2 little opening battles happening at the same time to begin with.

A large Walled City sits in the center of the map flanked by two rivers that run north and south.

Two very large wheat fields lie on either side of the rivers outside Centerville and offer very poor cover. British Paratroops have been dropped on the fatherest western bridge and are cut off while German forces hold the eastern bridge and face the oncoming Allied advance. Centerville lies in between. A German force enters from the West in relief, and an American force enters from the East to link up with the cut off British Paratroops holding the western bridge. Both the East and West rivers have important strategic bridges over them. Germans attempt to prevent Allies from taking the two important bridges and prevent them from exiting units off the West edge of the map.

The scenario was designed to give both players similiar weapons and terrain advantages and tactical challenges. Both players will have plenty of armor and infantry and even paratroops available to get the job done. I'm looking for further advice as to how to balance this scenario even better so both players have a VERY equal chance to gain a victory.

Scenario Designed By Tom Wilcox tcw@mac.com

July 28/00

P.S. This scenario has not really been tested and may be simply too large and cpu intensive for all but the biggest and fastest computer systems with top of the line Video graphics cards and plenty of V-Ram and cpu's faster than 300 mHz. But it looks like a fun one on FAST computer.

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 07-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEF BUNGIS:

Send the file.

Can't say when I will get finished with it but I will give you an accurate and detailed AAR when complete.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

File sent

Thanks for the request to check it out.

-tom w