Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I need some laptop help

I've loaded CM onto my laptop (specs. below) it runs fine except when I go to the play menu the cursor won't select what I highlight and even worse, when I go to the Create Scenario menu and select units I get all kinds of response problems e.g. unit experience won't select anything but regular, when I select OK I have to hit it twice and then it's like I'm selecting options from the create scenario main menu while the unit selection screen is still visible. Any suggestions? Here's what I'm working with:

Toshiba Satellite

P3 850

128 Ram

Windows Me

Trident CyberBlade Ai1 AGP (22)

trid8620 driver

IBM optical mouse (MO32UO)

If you need more info let me know.

I need this on my laptop dammit!!!

Thanks in advance

Which Toshiba Satellite model do you have ? Have you checked Toshiba's Online Support for any updates (video, mouse or BIOS) ? Have you closed down any other programs that may be running in the background (programs, utilities, anti-virus) ? Are you using any custom mouse cursors (though this usually causes graphic corruption rather than strange mouse behavior) ?

I'm not sure if it would be worth it to play around with the Video Acceleration slider in the System control panel's Performance tab. Moving it to the left may help with some odd video/mouse behavior (though this slows down your redraw speed, etc.).