Need Eary War/Desert War Scenario's

I have the Fading Hopes, and Desert Rats Total Mods, with the maps that come with them. Are their any more out their? Im looking for Campains, and Scenario's.

P.S. I already have the ones that came with the Mods. Im just looking for new ones, if they were made.

Well poo :(

Mike, I cant tell ya how much I appreciate your work. My dad and I enjoy both your Total Mods. Any chance of you going back to Fading Hopes, once War on the Rim is done?

I would like to see the Eary War Mod get spiced up a bit. Its really well done. Maybe a new opening song, or screen like in Desert Rats.

Thanks

Yes, Mike deserves a ton of applause for his dedication to these conversions and the variety it has added to a fantastic game. A very talented, self-effacing and generous character you are Mike.

Now, with Mike's head all swollen :D , if he will authorize, I have a set of very early scenarios which were being developed for FH before there was even a name for the project that he sent to me for I playtesting which I would be glad to send to you. There may be some in there that were not included in FH and certainly there were revisions to the scenarios which are part of the FH mission pack.

Well, I have done a scenario.

It's a bathtubbed version of a historical battle, but I've been unable to balance it to get the historical result (mainly because of the compressed time format in CMBO). Instead it gets very labile with either total Axis victory or total Allied victory, depending on the tweak I try.

The battle is the meeting engagement between about half of the 3rd Indian Motor Brigade vs the lead elements of Ariete and 5th Panzer divisions, around point 101 half way between the two southernmost strongpoints in the Gazala line.

DAK is initiating it's attack on the Gazala line and the Indians have just been sent to plug a gap in the defence line.

The overall Axis objective is to move through this point at high speed, split the forces, and perform a coordinated surprise flank attack on both strongpoints. Therefore they can't afford to lose neither momentum nor a significant number of tanks in this minor battle, nor can they afford to leave any defenders behind. The objective for this particular battle is thus to wipe out the enemy ASAP while preserving the tanks.

The defending Indians are just to slow the advance as much as possible and knock out as many enemies as possible, before being overrun.

The firefights get extremely intensive and it's a real hog on the CPU while crunching the turns. (On my former PII/300 it took five to ten minutes to crunch a typical turn.)

If anyone is interested in trying out this scenario, please mail me.

Cheers

Olle

Guys, many thanks and thanks again. To be honest I wasn't sure that many people gamed the mods.

Some good news the Pacific mod is in playtest. "Most" of the bmp and wav mods needed are done, a few a left to do such as new background sounds and the uniforms for Japanese naval infantry are still to be finished. The scenarios are in playtest

About revisiting other theaters. I hadn't planned that and to be honest I would like to do some fun gaming for a while. I took off over a month during the holidays just to goof off but now I have a revamped PC and would like to do some gaming maybe a little flying.

However, by all means ANY scenarios or mods you come up with you can post them at the Wargamer.com site in the scenario section. It does have a upload section http://www.wargamer.com/archive/

Where you can send either mods or scenarios for either the base game or from the theaer mods. Tanks A Lot posted his new grass mod there and there is a new scenario there as well.

Take advantage of that.

Well I have some more scenario briefings to write for Okinawa.

MikeT