Turning Mods On and Off

When you install a set of mods the new bmp files are overwriting the old ones. So, if you install a new set of buildings you lose the old set. If you want to switch between building sets, save all the building bmp files in a folder and load in the set you want to use. I suppose you could create a batch file program like the one for the Marco Bergman mods that switches off between various nationalities for vehicles that share bmp files, but I have no idea how to do that.

Thanks for the post. It took a bit of reading and clicking to arrive at the same conclusion. I have copied the original wav and bmp files to another folder and have my downloads in a separate folder. I am not sure how to swap out an individual mod once it been added to the folder the game references when it runs. I'm kinda sleepy right now so the only thing I can think of is if you wanted to delete a particular mod you could dump the whole file and then rebuild it without the mod you didn't want. If this is a dumb #$% way of doing it, someone please let me know...and offer a solution. I'm running Windows if it matters.

You should make a backup of your bmp folder so that you can restore it if you don't like a particular mod. Call it BMP Backup or something like that. You can have as many versions of the BMP folder as you want (with different names), but CM will always load the contents of the CMBO/BMP folder.