Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New wheat mod - pix inside

Originally posted by murpes:

I have one criticism of CMBO (and it's about the only one), it's that there is a certain assumption about the players military knowledge. If you think a tank is a tank it can be quite frustrating trying to figure out which one to use in a given situation. Granted I can always look this stuff up, but it'd be nice to have a little paragraph in the manual to refernce while I'm in the thick of a game.

/TANGENT

a.) I like your mod very much, especially the idea itself

b.) at every stage of the game you can learn about a unit's (both friendly and enemy) properties and abilities (e.g. estimating own penetration abilities at a certain range and agle against enemy armour protection at this distance and angle, thus estimating the chance of disabling enemy asset) by clicking the asset and hitting return.

c.) you can use the scenario editor create simple testing battles to see effectiveness of various units against various enemy units to get a better feeling for your chances. Start with plain map and static units, then alter terrain, sight, daytime, and unit speed. Within a few weeks you will get a good idea.

d.) when you play an Ice-Hockey simulation, it is assumed by game creator that you have some rough ideas of this sport - why should this be different with a WWII simulation ;)

Originally posted by russellmz:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by murpes:

I was hoping to finish it this weekend, but Day of Defeat 2.0 kinda ruined my plans. This is my first mod, so I'm learning as I go. The screen shot hides it, but the tiles don't match 100% so I have to fix that. And do a winter wheat

is there winter wheat? i think tom did one using the brush tiles because there were no wheat tiles in winter.</font>

Wow! Finally a field that looks PLOWED. A wonderful improvement. Yes, even the Euro's of 1944 plowed their fields.

Murpes, please finish this. Don't worry about the grogs criticizing it. It looks great. Don't forget to make it hi-res.

Thanks for your work. Now stop playing that other game until you're finished. :}

Edited because Peng has ruined my smiley abilities.

[ March 20, 2002, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Lawyer ]