Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tank rumblings

Hello friendly board,

First off, this thread is not intended to slam this game. It's my favorite game. I was just wondering if anyone else agrees with me that the tank engine sounds are too loud? Especially when you have a group of tanks moving together. I like to go down to view 1 a lot and see how pretty things look, and when I am following one of my nice tanks around and there are more of my nice tanks around, well, it drowns out all the other sounds. In CMBO I think the tank sounds were more or less perfect (in volume). Like I said, I'm not trying to slam CMBB at all, just wondering if anyone has the same experience. How many tank .wav files are there... I'm consiering hunting them down and decreasing the volume a bit.

J Kruger

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

How many tank .wav files are there... I'm consiering hunting them down and decreasing the volume a bit.

Not many. 00000131.wav through 00000137.wav are all of the vehicle sounds. Pretty sure that's all of them. I believe they are the same files as CMBO so you could try swapping those files over to CMBB as another possible solution.

I brought over my heavy tank sound (00000134.wav, used for Tigers, etc. anything over 50 tons I think) because it has a heavy bass rumble to it that seemed appropriate for the Big Cats.

BTW, I did what you are thinking about and decreased the volume of the fire sound (00000300.wav) severely because it sounded like a blowtorch halfway across the map. Used Windows Sound Recorder and decreased the volume 200%. Blends into the background much better now.

Keith