Suicidal tendencies

Here's another funny (not! smile.gif ) thing that happened during a PBEM fight (other was the Royal Guild of Sharpshooters) in a Opportunity Knocks scenario.

My German Panzerschreck was suppressing an US Rifle 44 squad (surprise situation, didn't expect those forces SO near me...) and basically just killed itself.

The other team member was already gone thanks to enemy fire, but the last man started shooting (according to my targetting) uphill aiming a Rifle 44 squad. There was a slight bumb on the ground just in front of the schreck. Didn't care about it, because the LOS was great to the enemy unit in uphill. But - the first shot was just one meter in front of the schreck! The guy was alerted for one second (that's 1 sec) and reloaded. Instead of correcting the aim or dropping the shooting order he shot again, to the same spot one meter away. No need to say he successfully killed himself. :eek:

This schreck guy definitely deserves the Darwin Award. Although I think he would have made Adolf happy by taking the order "to the last man" literally. tongue.gif

/kuma

It sucks, huh ;) Well, just wait a few turns and you'll have more serious things to worry about than that :D

Jyrki

PS. There are other strange things happening in that PBEM scenario and I could send an image if someone told me where CM stores the screen shots. I couldn't find it...

That is funny. Well, maybe not for you but certainly to us. Course if it happened to me I'd be all pissed off. Anyway, that's those crazy German guys for you. An Allied bozooka man is better trained then that. :D Couldn't and wouldn't ever happen. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

My German Panzerschreck was suppressing an US Rifle 44 squad (surprise situation, didn't expect those forces SO near me...) and basically just killed itself...

Got to read the briefing real carefully ;)

Originally posted by Otto Mekanik:

but I was sucked into this thread by your subject line referencing that fine musical talent of days best not seen again.

I amused myself by selecting this name for the thread :D

I also tried to add pics here, but I couldn't see them in Preview (should I be able to?).

So therefore I put the pics on my own www site. Go and check yourself from here.

/kuma