scavengin ammo

Does anyone know if troops out of ammo can scavenge ammo?

Or if it is not possible i would love to see that in CM:BB.

Its really ****ty if you have 2 MG`s next to eachother and

one is taken out without firing a single bullet and the other one runs out of ammo...why cant the MG go to the other dead one and get his ammo?

In other games as "Close Combat" it is possible.

If this is not possible in CM:BO it should atleast be put in in CM:BB. :cool:

Hello,

No ammo scavenging in CMBO. However, this is sometimes abstracted: an infantry unit with 0 ammo can still fire (rate of fire drops however): its soldiers are scavenging ammo right and left. Again: this is abstracted and it only works for infantry units.

Sig

I think the reason it was omitted from CM is that it would be difficult to code accurately. How far should scavengers range? How long should it take them?

CC, from the little I played it and the much that I have subsequently heard about it, was not greatly concerned with accuracy.

Michael

Yes, generally the squad LMG was the last thing to be dropped. You will notice in CMBO that the LMG tends to last the longest as well. I have seen many a 3 man, 2 LMG42 Panzergrenadier squad.

WWB

Originally posted by platoon_incap_monkey:

I think it would ad to the reality level if troops out of ammo actually pick up new ammo.If you are out of ammo in a battle situation you dont just run past ammo laying there desperatly waiting to be used.

But thats just my opinion.... ;)

But in a battle situation Squad No. X will probably not see Squad No. A at 300 meter distance. And if it would, it would not know that A has ammo to share.

This is especially true when A is dead...

See it from the grunt point of view, not from CM view level 4.

Originally posted by platoon_incap_monkey:

No maybe not but if squad A know that squad B died without firing a single bullet 10 meters away they know that the ammo is there. ;)

hmmmm.... I would assume that if B is dead without firing a single bullet at 10 meters distance, A is dead as well... :(

Well to be honest, both you and me have described the two opposite extremes - neither might be realistic.

Of course there is a certain chance to scavenge ammo, but I would tend to say this happens mostly after battle, not during fight, at least not in relevant amounts.

I feel it more important that scenario designers adjust the available ammo to the length of the battle to simulate re-supply (e.g. MGs).