I just got the game...I need help with mods

I bought CM:BO Special Edition this morning and I love it already. = ) This is the game I always wanted and it finally exist.

I need help with mod packs. I want to know which ones I should get first. I've seen pictures of improved graphics(mostly vegetation) on the Combat Mission official site and I'm wondering which mods it was.

My head is sipinning. There are too many to choose from and the files are very large.

Can anyone help me and tell me which "basics" mods I should get to begin with and where I can find them.

Thank you

[ August 02, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Omi ]

Welcome to the game! www.cmmods.com has loads of mods, but most of those are for CMBB (ie. the Eastern Front) but there are some good CMBO ones there as well. Combat Mission HQ (www.combatmission.com) has CMBO mods aplenty, just go there and click on "3rd Party Mods" on the left-side menu. Warfare HQ has some good CMBO mods well (www.warfarehq.com), just go to the Combat Mission part. You MUST check out the CM Outpost (www.cmoutpost.net) has it has a fairly complete mod catalogue for CMBO. Hope this helps.

hmmm...I just noticed that there is a mods folder in my Combat Mission folder. Did these came with the game because its the Special edition? Are they already installed?

Are the MDMP 1- 2 already included in the special edition?

The mods in you CMBOse Mod folder are not installed in the game. Despite this some of the installed BMPs are hi res (better than came with the original game; the buildings in the 300s come to mind). That is at least one reason why the video card system requirements for CMBOse are up to 16mb from 4mb for the original version.

A good place to take a look at and compare CMBO mods in at Combat Mission Outpost, http://cmoutpost.net. Look for the hi resolution mods.

There is an enormous number of mods for sure. The sites listed above are the places to go (for 95%, some other good ones are harder to find). I would recommend that you get grass, trees+bases and building mods first, then work your way through the units , modding them as you use them.