Questions about campaigns

vils

I was wondering this simple questions:

1. What will the finnish campaign cover? Winterwar, continuation war or both?

2. Will my surviving troops follow me to next battle and do they gain experience?

3. Can i 'purschase' units to my battlegroups, if there are any that is?

Thanks!

Firstly - there are no campaigns in CM as you understand them - there are "operations", which are in effect very long battles, split into smaller pieces of time (eg 5 battles 15 minutes each) - your forces remain on the map, you get reinforcemnts, weather changes, and day turns into night....your forces do not gain experience in operations...BTS have decided that soldiers did not improve greatly from just a day or two's fighting....

As far as i know mate campaigns have not made it in to CMBB.

I would love to see them included but it isn't an easy issue for BTS, CM does not really suit the "operational" style, it would be a coding nightmare and you could NEVER please everyone...

Of course Operations have been reworked so don't be to dissapointed, we are about to recieve the best wargame ever made by a long way!

Stix

To be able to start next operation with forces left from last battle of last operation, would allow us to create endless campaigns smile.gif

Anyway, just creating operations in the editor would allow this.

I am particulair interested in creating a finnish operation of 1939-1944.

You can recreate *something* like this with the "import map" feature of QBs. You can import saved games into a QuickBattle, retaining the old units (it's an option) and purchasing new ones, and re-fight on the same map. By adjusting the time settings you could create a campaign of sorts of several days. The only downside is that the map will always be the same.

Martin