Scenerio I've tested too much.

I have played Hill 400 five times as the allies and have been able to win three of them. The two losses were not because my defense was overrun but the allied moral droped down to 3% both times. The scenerio is win able but would be much easier if the allied moral was raised to 100 and not 71 at the start.

The arty was also a problem for the allies. When I left the Target Referance Points in the defalt postions the computer charged past them before the arty hit. :mad: I then put the Target Referance Points closer to the hill. This worked well until one battle the computer stayed in the woods for ten minutes and then charged. Making the Referance Points usless. So I would like to see the addition of two more Referance Points so they could be put into the woods.

I have also played twice as the germans. The battle was not to hard to just run up the hill and overwhelm the Rangers. Of course all my experaces have been against the A/I so it should be harder against a human controled Ranger force.

I have enjoyed the scenerio and hope that my post is helpfull to you.

It's interesting that you would like to see a few more TRP's, I had four originally. I took two away because it seemed to be too easy with four (although not a cake walk). Maybe three TRP's would be a good compromise. I was unaware the moral was lower than 100 to begin with, I will look at that. Thanks for the feedback.

By the way both the Rangers and the Germans seem to be Reg experance units. I find it hard to belive that the Germans attacking Hill 400 are of the same quality as the Rangers. What if you made the Rangers all Crack or Elite troops. You could then add a fourth company of Germans or give them more heavly weapons to balance it out. Such as 81s and MG42s. Why do you have two sharpshoots for the Germans? :confused: They get killed so easy by the arty they have no effect in the battle.

Actually many of the Rangers depected here are in fact veterans or crack units and I gave some units those designations. However, the reality is that many were replacments and the battalion had just been rebuilt for action (so to speak). The battle for Hill 400 was the swan song for this unit, it was never to see action again.

JacMac