Frozen rivers

Hmm, Well I tried with lots of different vehicles and I can't get it to work. I guess they decided against it in the end. I hope I'm wrong though because I wanted to do a battle on a big frozen lake smile.gif , taking the different islands and stuff..that would have been fun!

Any thoughts as to why BFC chose to do it this way?

I'm guessing because it's too complicated to distinguish between waterbodies with ice sufficiently thick to support vehicles and those where you'll get a *CRACK<>KERPLOONK<>GLUB GLUB* instead.

Incidentally, one way (partially) around this is to do as the designer did for the Lake Ladoga scenario, to make a road across the lake, on which the vehicles can drive.

Originally posted by Yggdrasill:

Any thoughts as to why BFC chose to do it this way?

I'm guessing because it's too complicated to distinguish between waterbodies with ice sufficiently thick to support vehicles and those where you'll get a *CRACK<>KERPLOONK<>GLUB GLUB* instead.

Incidentally, one way (partially) around this is to do as the designer did for the Lake Ladoga scenario, to make a road across the lake, on which the vehicles can drive.

I believe that vehicles were to only cross ice at the top setting but I think your right and there were difficulties with all the different vehicle weights over such a long period of time.

As for using a road, it's not a bad idea but i sort of had this mad image on my head of the frozen lake battle from 'Doctor Zhivago'( i think it was) updated to ww2.!