The ability to watch the TacAI slug it out......

I think this would be a cool feature to have in CMBB(if not this one than later CMs). It might be a good way to test a scenario.

They should make it so that it figures out the whole battle, then you watch it non stop. If that wouldnt leave you on the edge of your seat, then i dont know what would.

Since the AI is better in CMBB, it would be a cool feature to add to the VERY long list of cool features on CM.

That is a very interesting idea. The only problem would be how snap judgements are done.

I like the one minute turns because you get to insert changes into your plan as you go along. The plotting of 30+ minutes of game time could be quite involved with all the freedom that CM gives us.

As an individual who is making choices for all of my units, once the move for the entire game is plotted, there would be absolutely no room for intuition or a change of plan. (Like there is in real life.) Didn't some general say that plans are only good until the first bullet is fired?

Anyways, I believe that you will get something of what you are seeking when the full game replay is available. You will be able to watch all the turns as one long movie and that will be really cool.

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

...once the move for the entire game is plotted, there would be absolutely no room for intuition or a change of plan. (Like there is in real life.)

I didn't read the suggested change that way. I assumed that the computer would be making turn by turn adjustments in its play. It's just that the observer wouldn't see it until all the turns had been calculated.

Michael

[ June 10, 2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]