A possible 'pause' bug.

Pause bug:

In the manual it SPECIFICALLY states that pause orders can only be given when a movement path has just been put down [seen as a white square], and not during the actual movement of the unit along that path [seen as a red square]. The reason for this, as stated in the manual, is to limit the amount of control you have over your units. Too much control is un-realistic because you play a field commander in this game.

Actually, I find both methods of pausing to be true. For example, at turn 1 I issue a hunt move for a BT-7 fast tank at 50m away. Turn 2 he's moving, and when that turn finishes --we'll assume that he's about half-way along the path-- I'm able to issue the pause order right then-and-there. Effect? He pauses 10 seconds (or however long you chose to pause him), and then proceeds along the path again.

Bug? If not it's inconsistant with the manual. In CMBO you weren't allowed to do this.

I've paused in BB and BO. So clearly it can be done. Maybe you are misunderstanding the rule? You can't set a pause at any waypoint except the first. But, you can set a pause in each orders phase that will cause a unit in motion to hesitate at the beginning of the next action phase before it resumes movement in that turn whether it is at a waypoint or not. I hope I am being clear. If not, ask again.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I've paused in BB and BO. So clearly it can be done. Maybe you are misunderstanding the rule? You can't set a pause at any waypoint except the first. But, you can set a pause in each orders phase that will cause a unit in motion to hesitate at the beginning of the next action phase before it resumes movement in that turn whether it is at a waypoint or not. I hope I am being clear. If not, ask again.

Michael

I understand that, Iv'e been doing it since CMBO. But in CMBB there is a NEW feature (or bug) that lets you pause a unit while he is already traveleing on a given path.

Make a scenerio with one infantry squad (preferably with a platoon leader so there are no big delays). Give any order you like about 200m away. Press 'go', this will make the waypoint box red in the next turn. When you are on turn 2, press the 'p' button and cycle through the desired pause time. The Squad will now pause for X amount of seconds, then proceed further along the path which was issued on turn one. This was not possible in CMBO! And the manual clearly states that you cannot do this!

Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

I understand that, Iv'e been doing it since CMBO. But in CMBB there is a NEW feature (or bug) that lets you pause a unit while he is already traveleing on a given path.

Make a scenerio with one infantry squad (preferably with a platoon leader so there are no big delays). Give any order you like about 200m away. Press 'go', this will make the waypoint box red in the next turn. When you are on turn 2, press the 'p' button and cycle through the desired pause time. The Squad will now pause for X amount of seconds, then proceed further along the path which was issued on turn one. This was not possible in CMBO! And the manual clearly states that you cannot do this!

I think that what you described is possible in CMBO... In fact, I used it a lot.