Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

HELP!!

There is no phone support for CM.

First you need to make sure that you've deleted the CM Prefs file and have your desktop set to a resolution at or above what you want CM to run at. Make sure that your color depth is 16-bit or greater (XP typically defaults to 32 bit color I believe).

Did you perform an 'in-place' upgrade to XP ? What was your previous version of Windows ? You may want to upgrade your video driver and perform some of the simple DirectX tests.

For newer driver (I'd suggest the 26.xx or 27.xx series of drivers for Win2K/XP) you can get them from Guru 3D (go to Videocard Drivers > NVIDIA detonator drivers > select the drivers from the list, which are not always listed with the latest at the top). I'd suggest rebooting after installing the drivers.

You can run the DirectX test by going to Start Menu > Run > browse to C:\PROGRAM FILES\DIRECTX\SETUP\DXDIAG > go to the Display tab and there should be some DirectX tests you can run. You may also want to check what the three settings are for Direct Draw, Direct 3D and AGP Texture.