Just finished new scenario - "Fishcove" - Need Playtesters!

Hi all,

After playing Blowfish, I was inspired to create my own scenario similar to it. It's about a raid on a massive underground U-Boat base on the southernmost of the Faeroe Islands (located between England and Norway). I don't think it is quite as good as "Blowfish" but I'm doing my best. If anybody wants to playtest, just post here and I will ship it out soon.

Regards,

Ryan

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Panther G ]

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Panther G ]</p>

OK, here is some more info:

---------------------------------------------------------------

General Briefing:

Situation: We have landed in Normandy! Before we celebrate, however, a thorn needs to be removed from our side. The Faeroe Islands, located between England and Norway, was assaulted by Fallschirmjaeger and amphibious landings in early 1942 and the Germans have built a massive underground U-Boat Refueling/Repairing facility on the southernmost Island. It is imperative that we remove this most critical threat. We have considered several options for taking out the the U-Boat Base --

1. Carpet Bombing and Low-level air strikes to weaken the Islands defense’s.

2. A large amphibious invasion

3. A commando assault

A homeland defense council was met to discuss these matters, and they decided on option 1. However, one week into the air strikes, the plan was called off, because of excessive losses to AAA. Option 2 was a impossibility, because of many large Coastal Defense Anti-Ship guns. That left one possibility -- Operation Fishcove -- A commando assault.

*Play as Allies vs. AI with FULL FOG of War. The computer should stick to scenario default, and there should be no bonuses for either side unless you are playing this for a second time and thought it was too easy. The scenario has dynamic flags chosen by the attacker (If you don’t know what this is, look at page 118 in the CM Manual). You MUST set the flag at the central Command Post, otherwise the rest of the briefing will not make sense. If you are playing this scenario for the second time, then you may select any of the Command posts except the NW and SW ones.*

Please give my scenario a review at the CM Scenario Depot (www.dragonlair.net/combatmission) when you are done. Question’s, Comment’s and Feedback are welcome.

Ryan Fitzgerald

rmfitzgerald50@hotmail.com

I give all the credit for this scenario to Clubfoot. He inspired me to create this by playing his scenario’s “Blowfish” and “Fertile Fields,” both of which I encourage you to play. They are available at the CM Scenario Depot (www.dragonlair.net/combatmission).

*The reason I have Dynamic flags in this scenario is that the German’s counter-attack much sooner and more vicously if you put down dynamic flags, as the AI doesn’t know which one is worth points, or worth nothing at all.*

--------------------------------------------------------------

I might finish it this weekend, but I still have a lot of work to do on the briefings. I am going to need playtester's, but not quite yet.

Regards,

Ryan

I like scenarios with a plot, script, whatever you may call it.

I think Clubfoot was making good stuff back when I stumbled on his CS_ scenarios once, and he has really shown us all of late that scenarios can be something other then:

A village/town.

Some forests and some hills.

Two forces.

A briefing that states your force for the mission is 3 shermas and a company of infantry and that you must capture the village/town/road/hill

and "Good luck, Commander" thnx bye.

Send it to me if you want me to give it a run.

akyronmi@welho.com

Thanks.