Annoying tank dance (Von Lauchert Spoilers)

Tank morale is making Von Lauchert against the AI very un fun. Any way I try it the Soviet tanks crest the ridge on their side, spot 1 Panther and retreat back. Granted if I was a Russian tanker I would run if I saw 1 panther, even faster if I knew he had 22 friends behind him. Its just annoying to have the enemy tanks popping up for half a second 2500 meters away and then retreat back. They never get near the objectives in the creek bed and never get within reasonable shooting range. Its rather frustrating. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mostly you want to play as the attacker against the AI for that reason. The AI can't think up a creative attack plan. If you're going to play against the AI, the best thing is to choose scenarios specifically designed for AI play, where you are attacking. Then your 'opponent' is the scenario designer, who has created a nut for you to try to crack. That can be a very rewarding type of battle, and it can feel like playing a human opponent with a well thought-out static defence.