251/10 HT Platoon HQ Vehicles

Been meaning to ask about this: When you buy a German Armored PzGrenadier platoon, the organic transport platoon consists of 3x 251/1's and 1x 251/10. The 251/10 shows a platoon commander's profile pic on the left (and, indeed, in the editor you can assign command bonuses to this unit), but none of the other HT's in the platoon trace command lines to it.

So, is it only the assault 'tracks that are effected by C&C, and not the transports? And if so, why does the 251/10 always show up as an command vehicle?

[ November 13, 2002, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: von Lucke ]

Originally posted by Pak_43:

I'm only guessing here but... isn't one of the recce units a half-track unit of 251's with no inf? Is that recce units HQ a 251/10?.. in which case it might be assigned a PHQ leaders value for this circumstance, but is available in the editor?

Well, there is an Aufklärung platoon (armored) that comes with 7x 250/1's --- none of which is a command vehicle.

As a side note, the fact that this unit comes with 3x Panzer Recon 43 squads, of 8 men each, caused me no end of consternation --- until I realized you need to split the squads to fit them in the 250's (d'oh!).

Originally posted by Andreas:

My interpretation of this is that the platoon commander is riding the vehicle, and he would command all HTs (which are organic elements of his platoon). So there would not be a separate commander for the vehicles within the platoon.

Yah, I suppose this makes sense. Not very useful in game terms, but logical.

Von Lucke,

Andreas is right an armored Panzergren. squad had a driver (and the Suad MGs(2) were those mounted in the SPW), so the SPW 251/1 was organic to the unit.

Now of course CM reflects those facts only partially (The HQ-unit, SPW 251/10 + crew should be in command of the vehicle AND the crew) but quite balanced still i think.

Greets

Daniel