Does CMBB Allow Different Force Types For Each Side In Computer Choose QBs

Guys,

In CMBO in computer choose troops, quick battles, if the unrestricted force mix for both sides was used, each side got the same force type (mech, armor, inf, combined arms, etc).

In CMBB in computer choose quick battles, when using unrestriced force mix, it seems that each side can have different force types.

I am playing such a computer choose meeting engagement QB. I have a Russian infantry force. Not a tread or wheel [except on the Maxims] are in sight for my Ruskies. :(

However in this game, the computer seems to have been kind enough to my opponent to have supplied him with a few assault guns & some light armor. :eek: It may be bleak for my brave Russian ground pounders.

Question: Is CMBB different from CMBO by allowing different force mixes for each side in computer choose quick battles?

Cheers, Richard :D

You got a little confusion going on here. Unrestricted and random are quite different things. The first is unfettered by max points per category. The latter is a random choice amongst the five force types. So, your random game saw the computer choosing CA or somefink for your opponent while you recieved a nice infantry only force.

Note this is different from division type. If you choose Russian Infantry, or the computer chooses it for you, you do have access to tanks. Same for German Infantry.

WWB

WWB,

I am sorry that I may have been inexplicit. For CMBB (not CMBO), the short version of my question is:

In computer choose troops, random everything (especially unrestricted force mix), ME quick battle, can each side have a different force mix? :confused:

For example, one side may have an all infantry force (not a friendly tread or wheel in sight), and, at the same time, the other side may have a combined arms force (big cannons on AFVs). :D

In a recent computer choose troops, unrestricted force mix, ME quick battle, the computer made my sons of Old Mother Russia all infantry, not one vehicle. At the same time, the computer made my opponent's Germans mechanized (assault guns and halfies). On this medium woods (still much open space) map, my brave infantry will have some real tough going. :(

In CMBO, in such above described QBs, boths sides get the same force mix (inf, arm, mech, combined arms).

Does anyone or BTS have an answer to this question? :D

Well, lemme make sure I'm reading what you're writing smile.gif

So you picked Unrestricted as the force type (which is not the Random selection, which is what WWB was talking about), right?

Given that, yes you can end up with Infantry only vs CA or something else. Once the force type is choosen (in this case, Unrestricted), you could still end up with a Nationality and/or Division that do not have vehicles available for selection.

[Edit]

Oh, and in CMBO Unrestricted force type means you can spend all (or almost all) your points in any category, thus it didn't give both sides the same force mix. It actually meant that there was no force type restriction ;)

In CMBB, if you get a Nationality or Division with no AFVs in its TO&E, well it doesn't matter how many points you COULD spend in it since they've got nothing you can purchase ;)

[ October 24, 2002, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

Cameroon,

I set up the CMBB QB with computer troop choose and random most everything else possible, including force mix and random German and Russian division type.

This is where I got Ruskie infantry versus German combined arms or mech. It is tough being infantry only versus AFV on the medium wooded southern steppes.

If you can help, I would appreciate it.

It sounds like you want to have everything random, but an equal opportunity for the computer to pick ANY type of equipment it wants. Is this correct?

If so, then there is one setting you cannot leave to random, and that is Nationality. For instance, Partisans have no vehicles, so no matter how you COULD spend points, you cannot buy a vehicle.

You could also set the nationality to Unrestricted, but I'm pretty sure that means the computer could mix nationalities, which probably isn't what you want.

Once you do set the Nationality, just set the Division to Infantry. With the unrestricted force type, you'll still have access to all the equipment.