Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

After 3-D graphics load - everything black

DrNash

please help me if you can. i have a new Sony Vaio pcv rx850 2400 mhz which i haven't altered in any way. i updated to direct x 9.0 and also got the CMBB patch 1.01.

anytime i try to start a game it lets me pick the mission, the sides and then the format and then a loading 3-d graphics message comes on. when this finishes the 3-d graphics message stays there. if i look at the hotkeys that comes up but the message stays there too. if i right select on anything a green / yellow box presumably surrounds something and then when i move the cursor around i can see the box move across the screen with the previous box locations also staying there. in the meantime the rest of the background stays black and i can't see any of the units or the terrain at all. anyone have any ideas what i should do?

Unfortunately CMBB isn't going to work with your current video setup. The Sony VAIO PCV-RX850 uses the SiS 650/651 chipset with integrated graphics. Beta testing indicated that most of the SiS integrated chips had problems with CMBB (they probably can't handle all of the textures or their sizes - the chipsets do work with CMBO).

If you care to try further you can download the latest drivers from SiS (select Category: Graphics, Sub Category: Integrated, Product: SiS650 and select your OS, which I assume is XP). I suggest downloading the 16Mb file for completeness.

Again, I don't think that the updated driver will fix the problem. More than likely you'll need to install another video card in the available AGP slot. A GeForce 3 Ti200, GeForce 4 4200 or a GeForce 4MX 420/440 should work fine for you.

[ January 27, 2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]