Impact and ricochet...

Hi Gentlemen,

I was wondering myself about the physical phenomena of antitank shell impact/penetration on an armoured vehicle. What exactly happens in the spot of penetration and after ? I guess it depends on the type of shell (diameter, velocity, weight)... I’m just curious about the phenomena in itself (temperature, flacking, consequences inside the vehicle and on the crew, etc…). Does anyone have the patience to explain / illustrate this or indicate usefull links (for the WWII period of course) ?

In CMBB, armour penetration effects are very well represented (you can « feel » that nothing is random but calculated), but even if you enable the « Damage info » function (in my opinion, it’s better to disable it : fog of war…), it’s a bit difficult to understand why that type of shell inflicts that kind of damage.

Finally, I wonder how BFC have created the sound representation of impact and ricochet. Are this noises realist ? If yes, why this sound aren’t the same as in CMBO ? And in the reality, I can imagine that a frontal impact of a 75mm AP shot from a Panther in a T34 or a M4 Sherman was terrific, and much more heavier than in CMBB…

Please correct me if I’m wrong ! smile.gif

Thanks !