mac users; any issues with 1.1b and MCM3?

Are you a mac user using MCM3 1.5 to modify the textures/sounds?

are you using CM 1.1b?

if so, have you had any strange occurences or incidents involving MCM3?

I've run across one, that I cant reproduce or pin down, and wanted to see if anyone else had anything odd show up since the 1.1b.

I recently had a graphics resource file (G5 to be precise) become corrupted, though CM continued to work fine. I wasnt able to use MCM3 to view the files, or convert, and when I tried ResEdit, it wouldnt open G5, and stated that it was in use somewhere else. Nothing else was running though, so .....

Couldnt revert it either, as MCM3 didnt tell me it couldnt be changed (something for me to fix in the future!)

(quick fix was to duplicate it, toss the old and rename the copy to Graphics 5).

so, just checking in to see if anyone has any other issues, or the same. I cant fix bugs or stuff if I dont hear about them. smile.gif

thanks!

dave

------------------

History is made at night

I forgot to mention that the new sound that is packaged with CM 1.1b is mapped to Sound Effects 11, which MCM3 v1.5 currently does not support.

There's only one sound in there so I dont think it's something that has to be fixed right away. Besides, if someone creates a mod for that sound, it should work anyway, as CM looks through each resource file in order, and picks the first sound that matches.

thought you'd like to know.

and, since I have to do an upgrade sooner or later to accommodate this, here's a last call for suggestions for improvements or additional features. Not saying that the features will get in, but I'll listen and see if I can implement them.

So, post here, or email me.

best,

dave

Guest Mikey D

I use that dangerous old mac app ResEdit to extract from the Graphics files (click on the ResEdit picture, hit 'copy', and paste directly into a new Photoshop file) and the original MacMod (1.01?) to reinsert without problems. MacMod 1.05 does seem a bit too squirrely for me, though I can't give specifics.

Mikey D

Hey Mikey D!

so, it just feels different than 1.1? Could be the auto features I added (to keep from having to select the mod folder everytime).

as for issues, what I thought was an issue with MCM3 or the CM beta turned out to be a Netscape issue, unrelated to CM and MCM3 (ie, not a conflict, but a netscape bug).

I typically leave netscape on, and it was what crashed, not CM or MCM3 (though it did screw up the resource file I had open).

If you can nail down what bugs ya about 1.5, let me know. I have to do an update to it (to accommodate the new sound resource file), but wont be doing it until after Xmas

(personally, once you get used to the file management I used in MCM3, you'll find it saves a ton of time. Especially if you change mods a lot, or create your own)

dave

------------------

History is made at night