Nvidia Geforce4 Titanium Video Card

I just installed a Nvidia Geforce4 Titanium Video Card with 128MB. All of my terrain graphics are low res The sky BMPs show up very low res. You can't even tell that there are trees back there. I have a 733 G4 mac with 1.2Gs of ram. My drivers are version 3.1. Does anybody know whether those are the latest versions. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to come in Hi res, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Sorry if this is obvious, have you tossed your CMBB Prefs file? This contains the video prefs for your machine, and if it was created before your current card was installed it is assuming nothing has changed. The prefs file is in the system folder in a folder called Preferences. Toss the CMBB Prefs file and restart CMBB, it will make a new one utilizing your current hardware. Hope that helps.

Secondly is this Titanium a Mac version or a PC version thats been zapped to be used in a Mac?

I've heard of instances of people getting better performance by actually going back to earlier drivers. Unfortunately, I don't have any specific information. I hope you get your problem worked out. I too have a 733 G4 and have just ordered the same card. Where did you get yours from, the Apple Store? I ordered mine from Mac Mall and they didn't have them in stock yet.

You might drop in on Acceler8yourmac.com and see if there is any useful information there.

Michael

Tecumseh,I used to have tthe Geforce 2 MX and it had all kinds of problems. Try using your software update control panel. I downloaded a bunch of stuff and it straightened most of it out. but even after I did that I still had to quit the game and restart it or it would get really blocky

Michael, I got mine at MicroCenter in Cincy. I have looked all over the place for dirvers for Geforce. I went to Nvidia web site and they have no drivers for macs. I went to Apple and they have an older driver than the one that came with the card. I don't know but I hope they fix this. Had I know about this I would have gone with an ATI card. My 32 ATI rage card works as well as this does and it cost 250 clams less

Just out of curiosity, Skelly, what drivers (version number) came with your Ti? And if you recall, which were on the Apple site? I'm currently using 2.6, which fixed the problems I was having with my 2MX card. I know that several versions came out since then, but I never saw the need, and since nVidia seems to have the reputation of buggering something that's working alright, I decided to stand pat.

Michael

Originally posted by skelley:

I have version 3.1. where can I get a copy of 2.6?

Well, if you think you would like to try them, I could e-mail them to you. That's if you wouldn't mind the somewhat lengthy downloads into your mailbox (the six extension set totals something in the neighborhood of 4MB).

BTW, my new Ti card arrived today, but I haven't gotten around to putting it in yet or looking at the software that came with it. If I have anything to report in a couple of days, I'll post something here.

Michael

Originally posted by skelley:

I could only find 2.1 on apple

I don't think I got mine from Apple. I remember MÃ¥kjager sent me a set, but I think I got 2.6 off the net. Might take a peek at versiontracker.com. Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure 2.1.1 is what I started out with. I guarantee you don't want to tangle with them! They gave me black skies and no text in the save page text box.

:eek:

[added later] I just went over to Versiontracker and found 3.0 here. But I doubt that you would be better off with that than with 3.1.

Michael

[ October 29, 2002, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

I really dont do much work on MACs, {for obvious reasons}, but go to www.cnet.com. When you get there go to software scans, what this site does is it runs a scan on all your software and will let you know if there are updates for them and will also have them available for you to download there, it's a great site and I'm sure it will have the driver update fort your vid card and anything else that may need updating, and the best thing is it's free