Need help with Arty

Ok I'm sure this is a really newbie question but I'm gonna ask anyways. I'm playing PBEM and I got an arty spotter set up and I assigned him to area fire. The timer at the bottom says 3 minutes but it's been 2 or 3 turns and it still says 3 minutes! why isnt it started to count down yet?

Also, higher experience level Spotters both go from the vague "minutes" unit to the seconds countdown more quickly. They also tend to start out with a minute less on the "minutes" counter. Example: German 105mm, Regular- 3 or 4 minutes. German 105mm, Veteran- 3 minutes.

The relevant section in the manual begins on page 87.

One thing to keep in mind, especially when firing with large calibre artillery, is that the count down timer does *not* run while the guns are being reloaded.

Consequently if you, for example, fire a volley and then re target with a "green line" you will not necessarily get the delay shown. The count down will not start until the guns are ready to fire again.

Say your volley went out at 50 seconds in turn one and your re target delay is 45 seconds. If the reload time is 30 seconds you will not get off a new volley in turn two as the clock would not start to tick until 20 seconds into turn two (30 seconds from the first volley that is).

I am pretty sure this is not a game feature but some kind of engine limitation.

--

M.