Lend lease

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Duh...Lets just say that I'm more anxious on seeing the Soviet AFVs than obsolete Western ones á la Matilda etc... :rolleyes:

In 1941 i beleive that the British had superior armor then their German counter-parts.

North Africa would have been a far sooner disaster had Rommel not been in charge, and very proficient in the use of anti-tank batteries, by way of luring the British armor into traps. Also worth noting is the 88 flak and pak, along with air bombardment.

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Duh...Lets just say that I'm more anxious on seeing the Soviet AFVs than obsolete Western ones á la Matilda etc... :rolleyes:

Heh, don't knock the Matilda, there's nothing wrong with it. You could have a nice cuppa and some cake with the TC, but be careful with the 2-pdr though, it could poke your eye out. Of course, if you meet a Tiger, it is all going to end in tears, although it would have gone pear-shaped already when those Mark IV Specials came trundling along. Caught between the divvill and the deep blue sea, you would be, then.

Of course, there is no way on earth you could get a leg over with lovely-dovely Tatjana from the sniper school when that distinctly unpleasant fellow Dmitriy comes along with his spanking new T34, but there you are.

Having said all that, it is still a beaut of a tank. So still, mustn't grumble. Just keep a stiff upper lip, and chin up, eh wot, old chap.

More tea?