What happened to the sound?

kmead

Well, I just installed CMBB 1.2 and now I appear to have a problem. When I run CMBB, all the machine gun and other weapon sounds (firing and explosions) engine sounds, and the command sounds are massively garbled . In effect all the sounds sort of sound like Chigger chigger chigger at a low volume. The birds in the background sound just fine.

I recently installed Mac OS10.2.4 and also Quicktime 6.1. I haven't run CMBB in a while so I don't know if this an issue with Quicktime, OS10.2.4 or CMBB. OS10.2.4 makes changes to OS9 as well (for its Classic use)

Normally I don't do updates in groups so I can divine what is causing what, but this time I goofed.

So, has anyone else seen this? I suppose I can check by installing OS 9 separately as I have a few other harddrives and I could easily make a separate System for just running CM, but would like to avoid the hassle. I will be attempting a few other things before I go there so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks

Well, after additional testing, the problem has mysteriously cleared up, with me making no discernable changes to my computer. I guess it can be put down to typical aberrant computer behavior. I have run both CMBO and CMBB and both now behave as they are supposed to. Hooray!

Now I just wish that the time while the computer is computing the turn and the computer player it wouldn't have the screen go black. I believe that its a function of the video card in this computer versus the video card in my last one. (ATI Rage 8mb in my iMac DV and a Nvidia GeForce4MX in this one).

So all is once again well in Karl's Mac land. Many thanks for the replies. smile.gif