BF.C -- say it isn't so!!!

just fiddlin' around - checkin' out the action from level 1 - saw that a tank was hit, crew were bailing out - - yeah, same ol', same ol'... THEN, several seconds later, there is an explosion (sound and camera shake), smoke starts billowing out of the tank...ANOTHER explosion, and thicker smoke!!! i rewound and moved my point of view back so i could check for incoming i could not see from my close in position. none... and the explosions were DEFINITELY coming from the area of the tank.

have you guys modeled INTERNAL cook offs!?!?! too cool!!!!

my one complaint? it was MY tank!!

I was playing citadel and one of my 45mm guns took out a panzer3 from the side. Several seconds later it began smoking...not fire just smoke. I was wondering if it had been from smoke discharger or was modeling some kind of engine damage. Regardless it looked very cool

Originally posted by Humus B. Chittenbee:

just fiddlin' around - checkin' out the action from level 1 - saw that a tank was hit, crew were bailing out - - yeah, same ol', same ol'... THEN, several seconds later, there is an explosion (sound and camera shake), smoke starts billowing out of the tank...ANOTHER explosion, and thicker smoke!!! i rewound and moved my point of view back so i could check for incoming i could not see from my close in position. none... and the explosions were DEFINITELY coming from the area of the tank.

have you guys modeled INTERNAL cook offs!?!?! too cool!!!!

my one complaint? it was MY tank!!

This may have been additional hits on the tank due to the so-called "death clock", where it isn't immediately obvious when a tank or gun is knocked out. I've had it work both for and against me at this point - my troops have hammered away at an AT gun that I realize in hindsight I probably killed a minute earlier, and had one of my dead tanks absorb another half-dozen hits from enemy AT guns while the crew took its time bailing out.

Originally posted by redeker:

This may have been additional hits on the tank due to the so-called "death clock", where it isn't immediately obvious when a tank or gun is knocked out.

if so, they were invisible! (maybe cooler - but would be frustrating... 'less they were mine! -g-!) no impacts, no commentary ('turret hit, yada, yada') - only sound and camera shake. however, i did not recheck to see if the enemy's gun(s) were firing at a time consistant with TOT.