-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I sent 2 Platoons of T34s plus the 2 SU122s and associated infantry down the river bed, and popped up in between the woods at the end and the wheat fields - By luck rather than judgement I managed to mass fire onto AT guns as and when they appeared, but that cost me both SU122s.

I sent the other Plt of T34s +1 with inf. round behind one of the hills on a left hook.

To take the village I advanced across the wheatfield, using my tanks to provide cover fire - if I picked up an "infantry?" sound contacts that section of the village was rubbled. I got inf into the village so that I could run tanks through to the station without German inf opposition.

My air support turned up about 15 turns in, whereas the Henschels started messing stuff up about Turn 20-25

Originally posted by Andreas:

Well, the first test I ran with 5 M17s after this thread came up, they shot down a Ju87, and the second one then never appeared. Was effective enough for me ;)

What sort of engagement ranges? In my experience, the M17s will fire, but very infrequently. It may be due to their short range. If that is the case, it would be nice to know so that one can employ them appropriately.

There is still the unanswered question of what (if anything) blocks LOS for AA units in their assigned role.

The story of an AA-gunner seems a good way to bump this thread:

The story of Gunner Gennadii Shutz At the Russian Battlefield.

"It doesn't seem like much, right? But what is our task? Not to let the enemy bomb while aiming at the guarded objective. Sure, it's great to shoot a plane down, but that's not the main thing, the main thing was that the covered infantry, tanks, or a crossing don't get hurt from the raid."

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Update: The 400 meter range thing was a bug and will be fixed in the upcoming v1.01 patch. The new range is the more appropriate 2500 meters and should also help a great deal with the aquisition and engaging of enemy aircraft.

Ah, ha! I knew it!

*Victory Dance*

Thanks for the info, oh Shiny Headed One.