CMMOS and MODS

Gentlemen, and ladies..ahem...

Ok here`s the full skinny. I`ve been using mods for everything for as long as I can remember, but I`m interested in now using CMMOS to control them a little better as its fast becoming THE way to change mods around etc...

My question is this:

IF I install a new version of CMBO is it possible to still use stuff like Toms BOB terrain mod AND other non-CMMOS mods alongside the CMMOS program? If so, can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to do this please??

Thanks chaps (and chappesses)

CMMOS doesn't handle multiple installations of CM:BO (since it looks in the registry information to find out where CM:BO is installed).

However, the BMPs for CMMOS mods are all uniquely named, so they will co-exist in the BMP folder with any and all other mods. However, if you have a non-CMMOS mod and several CMMOS mods of the same vehicle installed, you'll have to manually re-install the non-CMMOS mod if you've used one of the CMMOS mods.

Gordon

Gordon, while we're at it, wouldn't it be a GREAT feature to add CMMOS support for multiple CMBO install and even CMBB ? smile.gif

To do this cleanly I can suggest this : you just have to put the CMMOS BMPs files in a SEPARATE folder, distinct from the CMBBs/CMBO BMP folders and just parametrize the "destination" BMP folders (one or several simultaneously) with an menu option (where the various bmp paths will be entered and kept). The registry trick is more a liability than anything else so I advise giving it up :eek: ..

This way we won't have to duplicate anything, and be able to seamlessly manage mods for all CMxx from the same CMMMOS installation, even if CMBO texture "mapping" is different form CMBB (if it is the same we'll be even able to apply the same mods to the different CMxx !!) smile.gif .

Is that clear ? Workable ? Feedback ? :D

Pascal,

CM:BB support shouldn't be a big deal as they will be completely separate installations. Sharing mods between them probably isn't necessary as the models will probably be so different that sharing would be meaningless.

Gordon