Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Black screen on demo

I guess the problem is that the game tries a setting of 150mhz wich my screen can't show so all i get is a black screen.

So how do i prevent the game from trying this when it starts? No matter what screen resolution i choose it is still able to try higher mhz than what my screen can show so how do i get around this?

hmmmm

i want a setting of 800x600x75mhz but by mistake i accepted a resolution of 640x480 so everytime i start the demo i get kicked out because of this, is there no way to choose this setting manually without going through the testing? now i have to reinstall the demo to get around this but i guess i have to watch through all the testing again

Originally posted by Breakthrough:

How did you install a new monitor driver? Im having the same problem after downloading the demo twice.

Thanks

I just went to Hitachi website and downloaded the correct driver/profile for my hitachi monitor, then you have to change the monitor driver under the display advanced settings

Which Kyro drivers are you using, I'd assume the 15.0084's ? I suggest setting all of your DirectX settings to 'Default' and see if that helps the display.

Transparencies will show through solid objects (i.e. - a vehicle parked in front of an occupied buliding will appear transparent itself, like the buliding). The way around this, which involves a performance hit, is to Enable 'External Depth/Stencil Buffer' and its subsetting of 'External Depth/Stencil Buffer Storing'. However you can't use FSAA settings with this or the screen will corrupt.

Can you explain more of what the problem is that you're seeing ? Are you actually running at 800x600 ? If you somehow selected 640x480, then the 2D control portion of the screen is going to be messed up.

In the DirectX Diagnostic (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DXDIAG) under the Display tab are all but one of the three display settings enabled ? The last one 'AGP Texture Accleration' won't be enabled due to the way the card works. Test the Direct3D and see if it works properly.

[ September 02, 2002, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

In the DirectX Diagnostic (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DXDIAG) under the Display tab are all but one of the three display settings enabled ? The last one 'AGP Texture Accleration' won't be enabled due to the way the card works. Test the Direct3D and see if it works properly.

It does NOT work properly, the spinning cube you're supposed to see just flashes for a few very short moments.

I suggest uninstalling your video drivers and getting back to a SVGA driver. I don't think a DirectX reinstall is necessary, but you can do it at this point if you want to. After the requisite reboots, try to reinstall the 15.0084's (which are the drivers you're currently attempting to use).

Where did you get the drivers, from Hercules or PowerVR ? They should both be the same, but you may want to try the ones at PowerVR (downloads selection on the left hand side) and see if the installer is any better.