Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Operations reserve bug?

I was playing an operation from the Scenario Depot (Naataoja), and was curious about how reserves worked, so took a look at the reserves I had available after the first battle by opening it up in the scenario editor.

In that first battle, my Finns suffered about 5% casualties, while the AI's Russians suffered about 25% casualties.

Here's the kicker, though. After that battle, my barely-scratched Finns received their first reserve - a Regimental - while the Russians did NOT get a reserve, even though their first was Battalion! (I determined this by surrendering and examining the forces on map).

Can anyone explain this, or is this a bug? I can't imagine why my Finns would have received any sort of reserve at all when the force was almost entirely intact, while the Russians had gotten a bit of a bloody nose but no reserve released.

Originally posted by demoss:

I was playing an operation from the Scenario Depot (Naataoja), and was curious about how reserves worked, so took a look at the reserves I had available after the first battle by opening it up in the scenario editor.

In that first battle, my Finns suffered about 5% casualties, while the AI's Russians suffered about 25% casualties.

Here's the kicker, though. After that battle, my barely-scratched Finns received their first reserve - a Regimental - while the Russians did NOT get a reserve, even though their first was Battalion! (I determined this by surrendering and examining the forces on map).

Can anyone explain this, or is this a bug? I can't imagine why my Finns would have received any sort of reserve at all when the force was almost entirely intact, while the Russians had gotten a bit of a bloody nose but no reserve released.

Reserve introductions is solely based on the points ratio on map. I forgot the exact figures, they were posed once a long time ago, but at a given ratio of points certain levels of reserves will show.

I suspect the soviets seriously outnumber you there, so they will trigger reinfrocements almost by default.

WWB

Reserve introductions is solely based on the points ratio on map. I forgot the exact figures, they were posed once a long time ago, but at a given ratio of points certain levels of reserves will show.
Hm. If that's the case, why does the manual say it's based on casualties?