How does one refer to other postings?

I have noted htlm reference to postings in other threads in some postings. How does one do that?

The IP number at the right bottom of each message is restricted to forum administrators, but I have seen it done by people who are not identified as administrators of the forum.

Henri

Each thread has it's own unique URL. Just go to the post you want to refer to, copy the URL, and paste it into your post. For example, if I wanted to refer to this thread, I would copy and paste http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum7/HTML/000471.html That is a link to this thread.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 01-22-2001).]

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Whoa! Gustav I clicked on that click and its like dejavu!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"...come from the sea with nitroglycerine, nitroglycerine and a ladder of rope, and a thing called hope..."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Each thread has it's own unique URL. Just go to the post you want to refer to, copy the URL, and paste it into your post. For example, if I wanted to refer to this thread, I would copy and paste http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum7/HTML/000471.html That is a link to this thread.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But WHERE is that URL? I may be blind, but I can't see it...

Henri

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

-Check which thread you want to refer to.

-Right click on its link.

-Select properties.

-Then look at the Address/URL line.

-Highlight this text and hit the "CTRL+C" combo.

-Then make your message and press the "CTRL+V" combo and presto it spewed out the URL into your message in the works.

Or alternately you can:

-Find the thread you want to link to.

-Right click on the thread and select "Copy Short Cut"

-Then start making your message and press "CTRL+V" combo and voila.

The CTRL+V can be substituted for a right click and a paste command as well. Same with copy command.

------------------

"'S muladach ma theid ar sgaoileadh..." -Duncan Ban Macintyre