Pardon my eloquence but..........

Oooooh YEAH!!

I was playing Citadel last night, as the Germans.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

My armored forces were proceeding nicely along the map with a few losses so far. 2 PzIII's and 2 MkIV's.

We'd already taken out one of the KV's. I knew the other one was out there somewhere.

I was hunting along some rolling ground with my platoon of PzIII's when we flushed out the last KV from a small wash.

It was like hunting quail, when suddenly a flight bursts from the underbrush.

He started reversing away from the engagement but in doing so, opened himself up to targetting from 3 other PzIII's. His hiding spot would have been a better place to duke it out from, even though the ranges were down to under 100m.

MG's rattled and hatches were slammed shut. My lead Pz reversed and smoked (having had his gun damaged earlier), escaping to safety as the KV's first shot whistled past.

Then the KV started getting NAILED! Pings! CRASHES! KLANGS! Klunks! CRUNCH! By the end of the turn, there were 5 Pz III's taking shots at him. It must have been hit 25 times!

Slowly the tank rolled to a stop while still under fire. A couple of surviving crew members ran for it but were mowed down within seconds.

Nasty stuff.

But it was amazing and thrilling to watch.

GREAT JOB BFC!!!

smile.gif

Gpig