Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Install problems . . . Need help!!

After finally getting the game yesterday and only finally getting the chance to install it today I am having some install problems. Is anyone else getting the following problems??

I got through the whole process and when the install bar reaches 95% to the end (yes, it is like a 1/2 hour later and I have tried three time!!) I receive the following errors in big bold red type on three separate install tries and then the install stops:

"Read Error - A device attached to the system is not functioning" This error pops us around the file list "Extracting WAV\00091702.wav"

or

"CRC Failed in WAV\00092400.WAV" This continues for the next 20 or so WAV files then ends with the following error message:

"Read Error - The system cannot reach from the specified device."

I have tried to install this several ways including shutting the compute down and restarting it to make sure nothing else is running. Additionally, I tried to install the game using, in separate tries, both of my CD-ROM drives.

For the record, I have a Pentium III 500Mhz with 256 of RAM and am using Windows 98 second edition.

Any help from the administrator or someone else that has experienced this problem would be VERY helpful. One can imagine my frustration! I had to wait for the game while everyone else got it and then I slowly tortured myself reading everyone's awesome experiences with the game and I now cannot get it even installed. ARRRGGGGHHHH!

Any thought that this may be a bad disk??

Frustrated in KC (order #81728). :( :mad: :confused:

von Nev

Originally posted by Elvis:

Quick fix in the tech support forum.

Thanks. Sorry for posting this here. I did not realize that there was another forum. Will look harder next time.

BTW, regarding this issue that I explained above, apparently is a problem that many people have had. BFC is working rapidly to try to solve the problem and has a quick fix posted that requires you to download some files (which I am currently doing - 43% now 45% now 47% there!!).

Thanks again,

von Nev