Chambios-AI needs work

I played the Chambios Scenario as the Poles. Had a great time. Ended up destroying all the Axis Armor and had one Sherman in the end. (My favorite part was when I had two sherman's in defilade below the hill rush up and knockout his one remaining panther, Prokohova style).

However, my complaint is the Jerries did not even make an attempt to exit anything. All those trucks were just sitting in the town. Not one troop or vehicle exited. Just doesn't seem right.

Warren

Your aggressive nature...you probably scared 'em to death.

"C'mon, Hans! We gotta move!"

"The hell you say! There are mean Poles out there! You wanna go..go! I'm sittin' tight!"

Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the defenseless trucks will not move where there is imminent danger. They just sit tight and wait it out, hoping for an improve situation.

Again, only a guess. I don't know that to be an AI fact.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Just for fun I played the Germans and had everyone move fast for the exit. By turn six I had everyone off except for a few vehicles that got hung up on the tracks. The AI certainly had time to move those trucks out before my tanks got in range.

I guess a more general question is: Does the AI ever exit units in any of the scenarios?

I have a hard enough time answering for my own actions, let alone the AI's rolleyes.gif

Seriously, Warren Peace (I like that!), Charles would be the one to respond to issues with the AI. I honestly can't say.

As to your question about the AI exiting units, I have seen them exit in "Fear in the Fog," but they surely don't hightail it to the exits, especially with flags on the map.

Of course without flags, the AI units are even more sluggish, I guess because they have no objectives.

WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com