ai kicking my buttocks on my own map...cool!

i painstakingly recreated a map i really liked that i made for cmbo. except for the east edge which had a bunch of hedgerows, so i just tossed some peasant shacks and woods there. bad idea...

i have no idea if setup zones are used in a quick battle, but i fired one up anyway.

early war, computer pick, axis attack.

the germans were ass backwards in the peasant shack area and i got one lucky hit against an enemy tank's rear. then things went badly.

the germans recovered quickly and had many smaller tanks (pv ii and iii and armored cars vs my ?ba 40mm? armed armored cars and platoon of t-34s). they went in with some infantry way ahead of them. no hq only rushes, platoons at a time...

i am down to ONE t-34 as my main antitank weapon. my infantry is barely holding on and the comp has quite a few afvs around...and plenty of turns left to get me...

btw, how does trench work? i had routing infantry that ran over a trench and sought cover elsewhere. does a unit hidden in trench stay 100% invisible like with walls?

how are setup zones used if a map is imported into a quick battle?

[ September 28, 2002, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: russellmz ]

The manual states that setup zones are used, which I'm inclined to agree with since I just did this tonight and it seemed that the zone was being used smile.gif

However, the manual states that Axis is always "on the west" and allies on the east. So maybe the setup zones are adhered to, but the troops will be facing the east or west, as appropriate to their side.

Which could mean, I suppose, that if you had the Axis setup zone on the east then they would also start facing east. Which would be inconvenient to say the least ;)

Anyway, I don't have any other firm answers. My QB map import went smoothly, which was nice.