More tile colors

If it's not too late to post requests for CMBB, I think it would be nice if there were a way to incorporate more tile colors.

For example, it would be nice if there were perhaps three different clear terrain tiles: green, tan/sand and brown. Similarly for something like the wheat fields and maybe even brush. This would allow for more visually interesting map design.

In order to not complicate the underlying reaonsing engine, the additional tiles in each set would be treated exactly the same as far as game effects are concerned. This is a purely visual effect. I, of course, don't know any of the internal details of the reasoning code, but if the terrain encoding and bitmap mapping of each tile is separate, then it may be possible to add this without requiring any changes to the underlying game engine.

Hi Tar

I achieve this effect by mixing the .BMPs related to Grass (1550-1569) from various MOds available.

Ie I use a dark tile from say Maguas Normandy then a lighter tile from DDs then another shade from Toms etc etc and so on.

This gives a sort of patch-work quilt effect to grass (and aids in viewing relief somewhat).

If you use CMMOS then make up a set manually (ie by renaming whichever tile .Bmp as you desire) over-write your current grass mod and use one of the 'Save Current Terrain Set' options to store this grass set but still allowing use of the other grass Mods within Cmmos.

Here is a quick image to show what I mean, maybe not exactly what you desire.

PATCHW~1.jpg

Hope this helps

Cheers

[ May 22, 2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Gary Barr ]